Thursday, November 26, 2009

What happens on the road, stays on the road


We used to catch tadpoles together. We saw Neil Young last century - the first time he came here. I tried to teach him to surf at Lennox on a slippery twin fin. He let me shoot my first wedding - his and Jenny's. I learned how to play a few chords under his very patient instruction.

Somewhere along the road I shot this one of Tony and his band - a double exposure via the Nikon. (Is that the infamous Gibson Firebird bass?) It was so long ago, our adventures on the road are fairly dim, until I come across old classics like this and all of a sudden a trap door in my memory opens and I'm back in 1985. Happy Birthday Tony from  the Brine Team. Play hard. Play loud. Better manned than canned!

No comments:

Post a Comment