Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Gimme Shelter

"Oh, a storm is threat'ning
My very life today
If I don't get some shelter
Oh yeah, I'm gonna fade away"
"The floods is threat'ning
My very life today
Gimme, gimme shelter
Or I'm gonna fade away"
from Gimme Shelter by the Rolling Stones 1969 
28000 people evacuated. I can't begin to imagine what it's like up North right now as folks prepare to be battered by the biggest and meanest cyclones in generations. Waiting. Waiting. Knowing that this monster is creeping their way, bringing wind gusts in excess of 280 kms per hour, tidal surges 7 meters above normal and rain in deluge proportions. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
And by some perverse twist of nature, we will receive some beautiful, long interval swell 1600 kms from all this destruction.


No comments:

Post a Comment