Saturday, February 13, 2010

Square Seagulls

"I walked along the avenue


I never thought I'd meet a girl like you
meet a girl like you.
With auburn hair and tawney eyes
The kind of eyes that hypnotise me through
hypnotise me through.
And I ran - I ran so far away
Ijust ran
I ran all night and day - I couldn't get away.
A cloud appears above your head
A beam of light comes shining
down on you
shining down on you.
The cloud is moving nearer still
Arora-borealis comes in view
arora comes in view.
And I ran - I ran so far away
Reached out a hand to touch
your face
You're slowly disappearing
from my view
'appearing from my view.
Reaches out a hand to try again
I'm floating in a beam of light with you
beam of light with you.
And I ran
I ran so far away
Ijust ran
I ran all night and day
And I ran
I ran so far away
Ijust ran
I couldn't get away."
Flock of Seagulls I Ran (so far away) 1981

Many would dismiss this Brit New Wave group as one hit wonders, but how can you not like a band called Flock of Seagulls? It sounds so......oceanic. Brinish even. And they did win a British Grammy. And how about this squarish vinyl with a live version of their hit "I Ran". Oh and that awesome guitar solo. If only the lyrics matched it's virtuosity. It's gotta be worth something on eBay (one day).

No comments:

Post a Comment