Monday, December 7, 2009

Hughie Don't Surf


Hughie don't surf anymore. Well, he never surfed like the Duke on a board made of something. He preferred to slide along the waves just using his arms and feet, which I'm told were wide with chubby toes, just like mine. Hughie was my Dad for 48 years before he joined Uncle Bill and Aunty Clare beyond the horizon, up in the stars. Just about everything I ever learned about sailing and the sea, I learned from my Dad, who had a million sayings gleaned from spending his early life at war at sea -  like "that's how we do it in the States." And still we miss them.
Happy Birthday Dad, wherever you are.

2 comments:

  1. Great photo. Beautiful post. Just dropping in to honour your Dad. Cheers mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dropping in welcome. Thanks Nathan.

    ReplyDelete